Sunday, March 18, 2007

Helloooo Out There!!!

/me stands around and fidgets nervously for a minute trying to figure out what to say...then taps the microphone so it looks like she was just being cool and making sure the thing was on

So hi!

I'm Kit...and I wanted to take a cpl minutes here to talk about this blog & what it's all about!

Some of you might know me in SL...as co-owner of CKS Designs, as a majorly addicted shopaholic, as an American Idol addict, or as someone who just seems to hang around a lot and do goofy and/or weird things. Most of you, however, prolly don't know me at all and are now saying 'wtf is this chick's deal?!'

I've been in SL for a little over a year now...and I'm still amazed every day by the talent I see displayed around me. Of course the SL fashion scene is a huge avocation for me here (did I say I'm a shopaholic?!!!)...and, like the rest of you dear readers out there, I like to follow the blogs closely for posts about new pretties here, there, & everywhere. So I can rush out and buy them. And add to my rapidly-approaching-30K inventory. But I digress.

A little while back, my friend Phay & I were talking about the fashion blogs in general and how there is just *so much* out there that it's just impossible for it all to get coverage in blogs...and we wanted to start a blog to focus on the smaller/newer designers out there we find who just really rock our socks!! Hence, the birth of this blog!!

We have a few other contributors at this point who will be introducing themselves in the near future...and are certainly looking for more...so anyone who has interest in blogging some cool new, underexposed finds...please pop off an email to me (kit.maitland@gmail.com) or message me in world! Also...I encourage any newer designers out there to drop me a hello and/or a landmark...cos I can always use a little help finding cool new places! ;)

So uhmmmm...thanks for reading my silly rambling...& bye for now!! ;)

No comments: