Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hello!

I'll just put it right out there.

I'm not a designer. I'm just a stubborn, picky old woman who has difficulty finding someone to fit her fashion needs. I love glamour, I love gaud. Unfortunately, the two don't cross often or easily. I usually end up looking like Ronald MacDonald or Bridezilla. Thats why I began making my own SLattire. That's what I love about this Blog. These 5 women walk every lane of the Fashion Avenue, respectively, and collectively, they represent what we wear. It also gives us the unique opportunity to applaud each and every designer out there who toils endlessly over those daggum templates to do something more difficult than most imagine. CREATE. Myself, I get to highlight those designers who knock me off my feet with their signature styles and manage to walk that delicate line of gaud/glamour.

Making me look good is never an easy task. I'm a woman of six foot three, not including the beehive. After 8 facelifts, I still look fabulous, but the rest of me has gone South to retire. Thankfully, Starley and Canimal keep me from looking completely like a cadaver. Despite all this, me and my fake eyelashes still manage to sparkle and when I find an outfit that blows me away, my inner Drag Queen shouts, "I'm still Fierce!"

Those are the ones I'll be blogging about.

I'll be zipping around. Keep your doorways high and some tequila on the table. Maybe I'll see you around.

Ta!

Phaylen

No comments: